Sunday, March 27, 2011

Politicking

When I walked through the door on Friday afternoon I decided to turn on the tv for some background noise. I was busy and the house was quiet.

Anyway, somehow I ended up actually watching CSPAN (which btw makes me look like a 60 year old retiree with cats and few friends) and was captivated by a summit in Colorado by a man in parliament lamenting on why Americans need to avoid the European system of government. Blame it on his accent, or on my eternal curiosity of politics, but I was captivated for the next 45 mins. Eventually my roommate Annie came and started watching it with me. Relieving me of feeling like a complete loser.

By mere happenstance, someone posted an article by this same man and you can read it here.

Though the article doesn't have the accent, it is still worth your time. I want to buy his book.

No comments: