Monday, March 21, 2011

Oregon

Oregon-where they pump your gas, don't have sales tax, wear North Face and Chaco's, love to recycle and enjoy the nice green environment.

My long time friend Whitney got married, bought a new car, got two new dogs, and moved to Oregon with her husband. Naturally, Mandi and I (the traveling duo) helped her drive out to her new life.
On our 13 hour trip we stopped at the garden of Eden gas station--and it was here that I knew the trip was going to be...well....a trip. See gigantic snake above me.
The largest bookstore in the world is an entire city block and is located in Portland, Oregon. The store is named Powells, and I love it, and it's HUGE!
It literally is a city of books. I bought a used collection of poetry with tons of four leaf clovers in the pages, and I bought the short story A River Runs Through It. The story is amazing! You all should read it. 100 pages of poetic prose. Also notice that I got caught in the rain and so my hair turned curly.
We went and saw a gorgeous waterfall.
And this is my traveling companion, setting a very high standard of fashion and style for a road trip.

It was a joy and pleasure to see Whit's new life, hang out with her very cool husband, and eat out for every meal. And it was fun to road trip through the west coast with Mandi. Basically Mandi and I need to road trip through the south and we will have been all around America. I wonder if there is a way we could swing that.....

4 comments:

Ben Roush said...

May i just say that I love that you have now been to portland, and also that I'm quite jealous that you were there and I wasn't. Next time you go I call dibs, because I miss Oregon a lot. And also I love the picture of you in the rain with really curly hair, you look darling.

Cason and Marie said...

Well feel free to swing by the mid west while youre at it! Free Place to stay!! You guys are fun!

REBBIE said...

I know how you can swing it and it's called our friend is marrying a cotton king.

mandi winterton said...

how did i just see this post now? i love it! LOVE IT! Remember this trip. FUN. well you are just the best sarah. i love you and would like to travel with you everyday FOREVER.