Friday, May 23, 2008

Temple Trip



We went to the London temple today to do baptisms for the dead. It was really fun; I absolutely love the temple. We left at nine and got back at a little after four…it’s amazing the sacrifices people go through to go to the temple and church. Having had the luxury of being two seconds from church and 3 minutes from a temple it has been a shock to travel. The temple was simple, and interestingly seems to be more concerned with rules then the Provo temple. For example, in London nail polish was not ok…at all. Provo doesn’t care. I felt like a bit of a heretic taking off my brilliant red nail polish. We had to take a taxi there and I felt like we were going to get in an accident because they drive on the wrong side of the road. I was a wee bit scared.

No comments: