Thursday, May 29, 2008

Soccer...oh wait-FOOTBALL




Last night we went to the FA international game of USA and England. The game was at Wimbley stadium which is huge, and the fans were wearing tons of red. There were about 71, 322 people in attendance and the crowd was a lot quieter and more respectful then at byu (something I did not expect). I really loved the game and consider this one of my favorite things here. David Beckham got a golden cap award for playing 100 times against France and Kelly Roland from destiny's child sang the national anthem. The speakers weren't workign so it sounded really bad...just a mean trick from the queen.

1 comment:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

It was quite and more respectful?? No way. When I went to the chelsea v west ham game it was out of control. Standing up and singing and yelling the entire time. Not to mention their songs and chants all had the f bomb in them. Oh and I can't forget about the many fights that broke out after the game and almost being trampled by the horse police. I love football. :)