Monday, January 24, 2011

It was UN-BELIZE-ABLE

Ok, so maybe my trip wasn't un-belize-able like all of my friends who went to Belize last week, but why would you want to go to an exotic land in South America when you could enjoy the finest Idaho has to offer.

Sure my friends got sun, sea food, and probably cool souvenirs, but I got to go to LAVA HOT SPRINGS.

Though not located in South America, this Idaho gem has various hot tube like arenas that serve the general public by exploiting the natural hot springs in Idaho. P-A-R-T-Y!

When we decided to go I went to my friends apt and we rushed to get into the car. Once seated, Mike started talking about how I was really lucky to be going to the hot springs with 5 guys. Yes, I really think it's my luck to get into a swimsuit with a bunch of guys in the middle of January. Dream.come.true. Then, Mike said the most classic line I've heard in a long time. He told me it was like I was on elimidate.

If you haven't seen this show you need to. Like really, it's a pop culture gem. Basically it was the neophyte stage of reality tv and there would be one trashy girl with a bunch of guys and she would slowly eliminate them based on important things like level of tan, color of hair, quality of tattoo, and number of earings. The goal, of course, being a committed one night stand.

And so we drove the hour and a half it takes to get there with me thinking about what it would be like to be on elimidate.

The hot springs themselves were...well...hot. It was really nice to be in 10 degree weather though and not freezing. In all honesty, Lava Hot Springs was pretty fun. But, like Mark said, it would be better if there was a big screen with ESPN on. I corrected him saying he meant the bachelor, but it was the same idea.

After we went to dinner and then traveled home to lovely L-town.

It really was fun, and though I was sad I couldn't go to Belize because of school/work/life I am glad my friends had such a good time and I hope that this post about Lava Hot Springs doesn't make them too jealous. But I could see how it could....



4 comments:

Jenny said...

"Dream.come.true." made me laugh out loud.

Brandon and Katie said...

haha love you. we used to stop at lava hot springs frequently when driving to rexburg to visit my grandparents. love that place! i jumped off the highest high dive and was so proud of myself. especially because there were two boys debating on whether to jump and i walked right by and BAM! haha anyway. this is a novel but i just have to tell you that our big family reunion is at lava hot springs this summer and you have made me super excited for it. who needs belize when you have LAVA.

cassi said...

Oh my, I laughed when I read that elimidate- hilarious. It's totally almost Belize. Rochester is almost Belize too...actually, Roch is probably better.

Challis said...

Totally jealous of your Lava Hot Springs jaunt. Totally. Next time you should hit up Heise Hot Springs and take up even more eligible bachelors. If you don't have any eligible bachelors to bring, don't worry, as Heise has plenty (bachelors that is--not necessarily with the eligible part).