Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To The Woman of the Hour

To The Woman of the Hour-

Children sense her goodness, and gravitate to her as if she is their advocate in all things concerning “the bigger humans.”

The family looks to her for updates and, more importantly,

Faith in ourselves and in our future.

My brother said it best when he said, “she is (honestly) the best person I know” and that truth is echoed by everyone who meets her.

She defines sweet and kind.

She cries when I cry.

She truly lives a service centered life.

She talks me out of cutting my hair super short, and

she reminds me to pray.

To the woman of the hour, the woman I look up to and who I find in my mimicry of I become a better person,

May this day be the happiest of birthdays Mom.

I love you!

5 comments:

Rebecca Ann Groesbeck said...

I love this. And I love Dottie. Although I may have only met her a handful of times, I feel like I know her because of you. And because I want her name.

p.s. i hate pulp-free

p.s.s. holding hands in public may be biggest fear. eph.

cassi said...

Can I second all of that? Happy Birthday Dottie! We love you!

mandi winterton said...

i love dottie. would you send her some love from me.
p.s. i too hate pulp-free
p.p.s. holding hands in public makes my hands sweaty.

Lindsay said...

Very sweet!

Michelle and Brady said...

Oh sar i love this post! i love you and i love you mom!!!! i miss you so so much! i wish i could see you more! Love you!