Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A rare picture.

This photo is taken by the very talented Kylie Nixon and I am in love with it. The girls and I met up for dinner in SLC. Thankfully Logan is within driving distance of most of my friends. It makes all the difference in the world. I was describing my friends to my new roomies and they all commented on how successful they are and gorgeous. If only they knew how true that is.


Highlights of my life in Logan:

Teaching students who looked absolutely terrified in the first five minutes of class but by the end were discussing what types of skis are the best for this season and who will be the national football champion. (Clearly related to English)

Roommates who are just fantastic. I mean, they like Glee and bashing on boys, and I like Glee and bashing on boys, so basically I feel we're a match made in USU heaven.

Cafe Rio that has this amazing thing called taco Tuesdays where you can buy a pork taco for $1.50. I almost wanted to cry I was so happy.

Realizing that I am still a BYU cougar with the following events.

1. In my institute class my professor asked where I was from and when I said Provo he replied "we like you so much more for choosing us over BYU." My retort "I graduated from BYU and am still a cougar at heart." Though this phrase was a lot creepier said aloud than anticipated I gracefully accepted the boos from the class. Who knew there was a rival between USU and BYU...apparently only USU.

2. When BYU just announced their independence I got a grin on my face that hasn't left. I proceed to tell my roommates all about it. They didn't really care but they loved my enthusiasm.

Life is good.

11 comments:

Brittany said...

Isn't it funny how USU thinks we're rivals with BYU? I have had to break it to people that nobody in Provo gives a hoot about USU and they seem so shocked. In fact, I don't think I even knew USU existed until my sister came up here my junior year in high school. Like I said, nobody in Provo cares! Oh, and the 'blood battle' is also hilarious to me. We pretty much always loose because BYU is like 16 times the size of USU. This whole "beat BYU" attitude that Aggies have is seriously mind blowing.

Also, is it really only the Logan Cafe Rio that does taco tuesdays? I don't think I realized that. Welcome to Logan! I'm glad I found your blog and I'm glad you're settling in.

cassi said...

Sarah - it turns out you are pretty dang funny! Who knew? I could go for some cafe rio right now.

Nick

Matt and Kristen said...

wait... kylie took the picture AND she is in it?? gosh, that girl is amazing. i miss you :(

Katie said...

hey sarah! glad things are going so well! miss you!

Maren said...

I love your writing cute sarah. and even more than that i love the cougar pride. My most recent cougar pride experience: Yesterday I was at the gym (in Tulsa.. where I live) and I saw an older gentleman wearing a byu shirt. He is fully invested (ha!) in his workout and even has earbuds in. well, that sure did not stop me. I of course tapped him on the shoulder and told him how much I loved his shirt! yayyyyyy! go cougars!

cassi said...

Love it. You are so cute! I could totally hear you saying those words too.

Mary Jane said...

I miss you and wish i could snuggle in your bed! And kylie too because she would be scared.

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you're settling in just fine!!

Unknown said...

it's unbelievable how nice you are.

pretty sure i miss you down here in p-town.

Lingshan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane Anne said...

Sarah I am totally blog stalking you right now, but I laughed so hard at this post because I spent last year in Logan. I felt like I was risking death working out in the USU gym in my BYU t-shirt but it was totally worth it. I wish they could just realize that nobody at BYU cares about them ... although maybe that is what gets them so riled up. I love it! Have a blast in Logan,by the end I really loved it ... but you have to survive winter first.