Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Late work?

I have somehow tricked USU into thinking that I am capable of teaching two 1010 English courses. Jokes on them. Anyway, I had to make a syllabus today for them and seriously sat for 80 mins trying to decide a late policy. Do I want to be the cool grad student who gets how annoying homework is and let the students turn in late work or do I go for the hard-nosed no late work ever policy. Well, I wrote down that if they turn in work late they can receive up to 50% credit. Any thoughts on what I should do? Your guess is as good as mine.


44 new students on Monday.

I think I may have the best job ever.

5 comments:

Jenna and Daniel said...

I'm usually all about making whoever has crossed me off the hook, one time only, if they appropriately prostrate before me and beg. The second time they are dead to me.

Jenna and Daniel said...

making=taking
proofreading is not overrated.

Jenny said...

Ahhhh! Good luck! As for late work: I'd just say it isn't allowed, and then they think you are the coolest for letting them be the exception to the rule when they do have to turn something in late.

Matt and Kristen said...

make them bring you cookies when they turn homework in late. DUH

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I say be the cool teacher.. whatever that means