Monday, November 15, 2010

'Arry Potter?


For those who follow my blog-you will remember my post about zombies vs humans. Well I have found a college game to trump all games....

Harry Potter's famed game Quidditch is real. Or at least it is really being played. Here are some of my highlights of how the game is played:

One guy is dressed in yellow and is released as the snitch and immediately starts to hide (for some reason this just creates images of some squirrely old man behind a tree...but to make the game cooler I am choosing to think a Jude Law look alike is really drifting between large rocks, trees, and the yacht he wants to take me away on).

Instead of bludgers there are people carrying kickballs and throwing them at other people.

Each player has to keep a broom between their legs.

The game is ended once someone tackles the person in yellow.

If you don't believe that this really exists, go to the official association quidditch website here. Apparently it's sweeping the nation and is at like 64 different colleges.

The Harry Potter movie is coming quickly and my midnight ticket is purchased. I am so excited. Now all I have to figure out is how to learn how to write like J. Rowling. She's my hero. It's not uncommon for me to claim that she brought back literacy to the masses....a claim I'll stand by until I die. She's done more for literacy than basically all English teachers combined. I heart her. To all the unbelievers-Hogwarts exists.

5 comments:

Annie said...

copycats.

Michelle and Brady said...

Umm... Harry Potter!!! YES!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

We have our tickets as well. I totally agree with you re: JK Rowling's effect on literacy. HP was the first book over 100 pages my stepson read!

I can't wait!!!!!

REBBIE said...

can we pass our 3 hours waiting in line for the midnight showing playing quidditch? i'll bring my bottle of pumpkin juice with one sip left.

mandi winterton said...

you will never believe what new harry potter item i got for this years premier. its the best!