Friday, February 5, 2010

Welcome back Sarah, you are alive

Best things of the last few months:


Student teaching.

I started my student teaching at Mountain View High teaching English. I love it. I truly love the kids and find it the most humorous thing I’ve ever done. Every time I go to class I laugh so hard. I do love to learn all about the English language and have the most incredible lead teacher. She knows everything.


Finishing applications for graduate school.

I finished taking the GRE and all of my applications are in! Now it’s just a waiting game to see if I get in.


Becoming an aunt again.

I have a new nephew named Carter and a new niece named Avery.


Health.

I am in relatively good health.


Dating.

I go on dates.


Worst things of the last few months:


Student teaching.

I started student teaching and remembered a few things about high school. The students get up so early. I am so tired of 6:00am. There are still the cool kids and not cool kids, there are still the people who are scared, afraid of others, and stealing their friends notebooks. I wish students had a little bit more self-confidence and a little more love for one another.


Finishing applications for graduate school.

I had to take the GRE (aka, the devils favorite test) twice. I had a professor who turned in a letter of recommendation 5 weeks late, and a school that thought they had lost my manuscript. Plus, I still have to live in an interim period of not knowing if I’ve been accepted. If I get in somewhere I might be a little shocked.


Becoming an aunt again.

I have yet to see Carter and Avery.


Health.

I had to get over mono, and missed a very important presentation. I have had dry skin so bad that the skin by my eyes has been puffy, red, and painful (haven’t worn makeup for a week). Luckily, the medicine is helping and it’s getting better. It could always be worse though.


Dating.

I go on dates.


Overall, things are going well. Life is running along just smoothly. I am obsessed with the girls I live with and we are all very sad for the approaching day of graduation and moving on from one another. I am quickly approaching 22 and so grateful for the many blessing and opportunities that I have been given. I am truly blessed.


So as for my lack of blogging participation-- I would say I'll try to be better but that may just be setting myself up for failure.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

:) I loved this.

Kellee Marie Cook said...

don't ever leave me.

Challis said...

Good to see you're back. I've missed you.