Saturday, December 6, 2008

ho ho ho there's no snow

Welcome to December 5th

Think about what the words December 5th mean. My perfect image of an ideal December 5th is a crisp layer of snow covering the imperfections of Provo’s desert, with a feel of an approaching holiday, a season full of good smells, warm clothes, great conversations and good books. This picture is horribly inaccurate to what is currently happening in Provo. Somehow, and in someway, global warming came immediately and we have no snow and consequently little Christmas cheer. It’s an uncomfortable feel; the lack of consistency and continuity expected in a reliable weather pattern. I feel an internal anxiety that something is not right. I am not saying that the lack of snow is a sign of the worlds end, the lack of snow creates a tight, uncomfortable sense of anxiety within me.

Clearly I’m to attached to winter in an odd way, but I will wait and in the mean time I’ll listen to Sarah Mclachlan’s “Wintersong” or "Songs for a Winters Night."

2 comments:

cassi said...

Sar- come and visit me in MN- we have lots of snow!!!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

Or Josh Groban's Noel. crowd favorite.