Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Livn' Logan

If you haven't been keeping up with Gilmore Girls for the last ten years you're in luck. You can now get all of the seasons on DVD and it is a must do. Anyway, GG has the greatest opening scene full of gorgeous fall colors with a rustic church in the background. It really capitalizes on everything from back east that I want in my life. The city they live in is Stars Hollow and there they do quirky, small town activities. Who knew that Logan was basically Stars Hollow.

(Just in case you want to watch the opening scene here it is...for the story of Logan continue to scroll)

In Logan there is this activity called The Pumpkin Walk. Approaching the walk there are swirling lines of people waiting at giant pumpkin cut outs sparkling with lights at dusk, with children running amuck and adults whispering if they should have brought better coats or shoes.

On this walk different groups bid on creating a charming pumpkin scene. This years theme was animation and so most of the scenes were from pixar movies. It was delightful.

The hens were cool but I wish I had a pic of the rabbits...which were amazing.


Here are my roomies and I just kickin' around with a witch who was able to take a break from her duties at Hogwarts and chill with the Loganites.

And with the free cookies at the end I found myself committing my future falls to the pumpkin walk.

4 comments:

Michelle and Brady said...

You are beautiful sar! Love you and love your Logan life!!

Brittany said...

I LOVE the pumpkin walk. In fact, we're driving up this Saturday just so we can go! (ok, we have a few other things to do while we're there, but that's my main reason...). So glad you discovered it!

cassi said...

I would have loved to come!!!!

Looks fun!

Miss you girl!

Lindsay said...

Love Gilmore Girls and am so glad you're embracing Logan!