Tuesday, April 29, 2008

day 1 in london

HELLO FROM ACROSS THE POND!
Eric and i arrived here safely and considering how far away from home i am, it seemed pretty easy. We were traveling for about 13 hours but it was fun to have a friend, and to do it on our own. I'm so tired! I haven't slept in 35 hours...i have no idea how I'm awake. We were able to convert our money very easily ...it was painful considering i gave her 100 dollars and received 42 pounds back...ouch. The tube is fantastic! It is so easy to use-i love it. We saw a fox on our way here....fox's are sweet. I wish we had them at home. Also, we went to Christ's church today and the climax...past orme square! I'll be sending pictures soon. Love you tons!
best,
sarah

two interesting things to note: Drivers don't care when you're walking across the street....and brit's will give you weird looks if you have two suitcases on the tube and look lost....personal experience.

3 comments:

mandi winterton said...

So...here's the thing. Remember how I mocked you for bloging. I seem to remember a comment about a thirty something year old mother of four. Well I am sorry. Comment Retracted. This is a pretty good idea.
Love, Me

cassi said...

Love love that you have a blog. Look at you use words like "the tube". We miss and love you! Can't wait to see pics of your European experience!!!

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

Yea!!! I love that you have a blog! I'm so excited to read about your experience and I'm glad you had a good trip and enjoyed the adventure to get there. Can't wait to see picts. Love you! Have a Blast! Your only going to be there ONCE!